Canon imageClass LBP712Cx Install
First Time Setting Up Canon imageClass LBP712Cx Install
- First of all, prepare the Canon Maxify MB5170 printer for the setup. Hence, follow the below-given steps for its “Hardware Setup”.
- To begin with, place your Canon Maxify MB5170 printer on a flat and safe place. Ensure that it is within the signal range of your network access point i.e. your router.
- Now, carefully unbox your printer. Then remove all the packaging material from the inside and outside of the printer.
- Next, you should plug the power cord into the printer and the other end into a wall outlet.
- Then, press the “ON” button located on the top to power it up. Make sure that its “Power Lamp” is lit and stable.
- Thereafter, unpack the “Printhead” and carefully install it in its designated location by adjusting the Paper Tray.
- After that, unpack the “Ink Tank” and properly insert it.
- As a result, it will lit the “Printhead” and “Ink” Lamps.
- Subsequently, adjust its “Paper Tray” and carefully load it with plain A4 size sheets.
- After this, in case if the printer begins the initialization process. Then, wait for the process to complete.
Establishing Connection between the Printer and Network
- First and foremost, turn on your network access point i.e. router.
- Now, ensure that the computer is turned on and properly connected to the network. It must be connected to the same router/ network with which you want to connect your Canon imageCLASS LBP712Cx. Besides that, the network settings must be completed on your computer. This is extremely important because you will not be able to use the printer on the network in case of any issue with the network settings.
- Next, you should connect your Canon imageCLASS LBP712Cx with the router to configure it. As such, you will need an Ethernet Cable. It is usually not included in your Canon Printer package. This means you are required to purchase it from the market. Here, you must be very cautious as to use only the Ethernet cable, not a telephone cable. This is because both look very similar and it is easy to get confused between them. Hence, you must procure it beforehand.
- Subsequently, you should look for the Ethernet port on your printer. It must be located on the left side at the back of the printer. You will find a “LAN” icon beside the port. Now, remove the “Safety Cap” on the port.
- Thereafter, plug one end of the Ethernet Cable into the Ethernet connection port on the printer. At the same time, plug in the other end of the cable on the “Network Router or Hub”. Here, you must ensure that the Ethernet cable is properly “plugged in” to the right port on the printer and router.
- After that, approach the “Operational Panel” of the printer. Here, you will find the “Menu” tab on the left-hand side of your printer’s “Display Screen”. You can easily identify it as it is marked with a Home icon. Hence, press the “Menu” tab.
- The following screen will have a “Wireless Connection” icon on the bottom left corner. As such, press it to open the Wireless settings screen.
- The subsequent screen lists various available options. Hence, choose the “LAN Settings” tab.
- Next, opt for the “Wired LAN” option.
- Now tap on the “Wired LAN Active/ Inactive” button.
- Thereafter, choose the status as “Active” by clicking the tab.
- Finally, click on the “Menu” tab located on the left-hand side of the screen. Then, wait for the configuration to complete. Consequently, you will find the “Ethernet/ LAN” icon on the bottom left corner of the display screen after the connection is complete.
- Besides that, you should check the LNK Indicator locate beside the Ethernet Port. Ensure that is properly lit and stable.
- Thereafter, it will automatically set the IP address. Hence, wait for around 2 minutes.
- This finishes printer configuration with the router. Now, proceed to install the Canon imageCLASS LBP712Cx Driver/ Software on your computer.
Download And Install Canon imageCLASS LBP712Cx Drivers
- First of all, turn on your Canon imageCLASS LBP712Cx printer, Computer and Router.
- Then, ensure that both the printer and the computer are properly connected to the network. Moreover, they should be connected to the same network or the router.
- Now, insert the installation CD to the system’s CD Drive.
- As a result, it will automatically open the Canon imageCLASS LBP712Cx Setup wizard. However, in case if the “Setup CD-ROM” does not autorun. Then, eject the CD and reinsert it into the computer’s CD Drive. Thereafter, click on “My Computer” from the “Start” menu of your Windows device. Next, you should select CD-ROM and double-click the “Canon imageCLASS LBP712Cx Setup File”. On the other hand, Mac users should double-click the “Canon Laser” icon from the “Desktop”. Then, click on the “Setup File” from the “Selection Window”.
- Next, you should click on “Run” to initiate the installation process.
- Thereafter, if the “User Account Control” window prompts you to permit the installation. Then, click on “Yes” to permit the same.
- Consequently, it will open the “Canon imageCLASS LBP712Cx Setup Wizard”. Here, you must click on the “Start Setup” button.
- The following window will prompt you to select your country or region. Therefore, make an appropriate choice. Then, click “Next”.
- Subsequently, it will redirect you to the “License Agreement” window. Now, closely review the document. Then, select “Yes” to accept the terms.
- The next window will take you to the “Extended Survey Program” window. Now, read the details carefully. You can either join it or leave it. Hence, click on either “Agree” or “Disagree” as per your choice. Another key point to remember is that in case you Agree to it. Then, Canon will have access to certain information recorded in your printer. In other words, your computer will collect the information and send it to Canon through the internet. Canon uses this information for the development and marketing of its products while maintaining the confidentiality of your data.
- Thereafter, it will display the Firewall Settings. Here, you must ensure that the “Deactivate the Block” option is selected. After that, click on “Next”.
- The next window will provide you with the “Network Connection” and “Printer” information. Therefore, check the same and confirm that the details are correct. Then, select “Yes” to proceed.
- As a result, it will continue with the “Setup”.
- After this, in case if it provides you with the “Select wireless router” Window with a list of available networks. Then, select your router and enter its network key i.e. the password. Thereafter, click “Next”.
- Here, you must remember that the Canon imageCLASS LBP712Cx Setup will take some time. Besides, it will temporarily disable your network connection.
- Finally, the following window will notify you about the completion of “Network Connection”. As such, click “Next” to proceed.
- As such, it will declare “Setup has been completed” in the next window. In addition to that, it will prompt you to make this machine your “Default Printer”. Hence, in case if you want to make it a “Default Printer”. Then, select it and click “Next”.
- At last, it will confirm that the installation has been completed successfully. Hence, click on “Exit” to close the Installer.