Canon Maxify MB5470 Install
First Time Setting Up Canon Maxify MB5470 Install
Connect Your Printer to Wireless Network
- First and foremost, you have to go through the hardware setup of the printer. For the hardware setup, you have to unbox your printer and load paper and ink in it.
- Then, press the power button from the top of the printer. Once the printer is on, its Power lamp will lit.
- Before starting the printer configuration, wait if your printer is performing any cleaning or any other process.
- Now, press the “Home” button.
- After that, with the help of navigation keys flip the screen left or right until you get the LAN settings option.
- Tap the “LAN Settings” option and thereafter press the “Wireless LAN Settings” option.
- Further, press the “WPS” setup option from the list of available options.
- In the next screen, tap the “Ok” button.
- Afterwards, you are required to press and hold the WPS button on your wireless router.
- Now, within 2 minutes you have to tap the “OK” option on the printer.
- Then, you will get a successful connection message on your printer’s screen. Press “Ok” to complete the process.
- When your printer gets successfully connected, then the WiFi button will appear on the left of your screen.
Download Printer Driver
- Firstly, open a web browser.
- In the address bar, enter “canon.com/ijsetup”. Subsequently, you will reach the Printer Setup Window.
- In the next window, you have to tap the “Set Up” option. You will get this option on the right-hand side of the screen.
- This will redirect you to the Product Selection window.
Once you reach there, provide your product model in the empty field i.e. MB5470. Enter the product model and click the “Go” tab.
- When you reach the Driver Download window, choose the operating system.
For choosing the operating system, hit the inverted triangle located on the upper-right corner of the screen. Then, select the desired OS from the drop-down menu.
- By doing so, you will get the download link as per your operating system.
- Then, tap the “Downloads” button.
- By doing so, the downloading process will begin. This process might take several minutes. Hence, wait for its completion.
- In the middle of the download procedure, many pop-ups will appear. You will be asked to change the download location. Click the “Save As” option and choose the preferred destination for saving the installation file.
- Once the installation gets completed, you can start with the installation process.
Printer Driver Installation
- Start the installation process by connecting your system to the wireless network. Make sure that you connect with the same network with which you have connected your printer.
- Then, locate the downloaded setup file. You will get this file in the Downloads folder or the folder where you have saved the setup file.
- Now, double-click the downloaded setup file to initiate the installation process.
- You might get a Run popup box. Click the “Run” button to continue with the process.
If prompted to allow the application to make the changes in the system, then click the “Yes” tab in the User Account Control pop-up box.
- In the next window, you can change the language of the installation wizard.
Click the “Language” tab from the bottom of the screen. Then, choose the preferred language from the list. After selection, tap the “Back” button.
- Further, hit the “Start Setup” tab.
- Then, Canon asks you to select your country or region.
From the list, select the country you are living in. If you won’t get your country or region on the list, then select the “Other” option to move further.
- After this, click the “Next” button.
- Next, Canon will ask you to read the License Agreement document. Read the document carefully, then hit the “Yes” tab.
- Thereafter, you can participate in the Extended Security Programme. Read the document and then choose “Agree” or “Do bot agree” as per your preference.
- Then, the Firewall Setting window will display. In this window, tick mark the checkbox next to the “Deactivate the block” option. After marking, tap the “Next” button.
- On the Select Connection Method screen, Canon recommends you to choose “Wireless LAN Connection” form the available options. Select the method and hit the “Next” option to continue with the process.
- After choosing the Wireless LAN Connection option, you have to choose between the “Access Point Connection” and the “Direct Connection” option.
Canon suggests you to choose the Access Point Connection option.
However, if you want to choose the Direct connection option, then you have to click the Instructions tab. Then, you can follow the on-screen instructions.
- Once you are done with the selection, press the “Next” tab.
- Now, you will be asked to check the power. Make sure that your printer is well connected with a wireless connection.
- Further, click the “Next” tab to continue with the process.
- This will begin the search for your printer. The search will take a few minutes. Wait for the completion of the search process.
- Now, pick the preferred printer from the list of available printers and then click the “Next” tab.
- By doing so, the driver installation process will begin.
- After the completion of the process, the Print Test window will appear. Click the “Execute” tab to initiate the test. After completion, hit the “Next” tab.
- Here completes the setup of the printer. Now, click the “Next” button for continuing with the software installation.
- In the software selection window, you have to select the desired software that you want to install on your system. After selecting, click the “Next” button.
- Then, the User Registration window will display. To registration, you can select the “Next” tab. If you want to register later, then hit the “Skip” tab.
- After the successful completion of the process, click the “Exit” button.