Enter Printer Model
Canon MX490 Printer Install
First Time Setting Up Canon MX490 Setup
Before you start the setup procedure for the printer, confirm certain details.
- A properly setup wireless router is essential for the connection. A wireless router is one that connects the network devices in your home (computer, printer, and so on) to the Internet on your home network. You must ensure that the network is performing well with strong signals.
- Your computer must be connected to the home network for quick and easy Setup.
- You must assure that your printer is connected to the power source and is turned on. Its power lamp must be lit. >
- You must Press the printer’s Setup button. You can identify it easily. It is a button with the setup icon on your printer.
- Your printer’s Setup Menu will open up. With the help of navigation keys, you must select the Wireless LAN Setup.
- Press the OK button.
- Wireless LAN Setup dropbox will present multiple options. You must select the Other Setup.
- Now, press OK.
- The Other Setup will provide two methods. You must choose the Cableless Setup and Press OK.
- This renders your Canon Pixma MX492 Printer ready for wireless LAN connection in the “Cableless setup” method.
- Type >http://canon.com/ijsetup.com/in your internet browser to open the required website.
- It will display the Setup link. You will have to click on it to follow it.
- The next window will be the Product Selection screen. Canon Pixma MX492 Printer must be typed in the box near the top. Click Go.
- Next page prompts you to select Your Region. You must specify it correctly.
- Next screen will appear, after confirming your region. This page will have a button that says Download. Click on it. This will begin the download.
- It may or may not ask you to save the downloaded file. If it does, you should make it a point to save it safely on your computer.
- Wait for the download to complete which may take several minutes.
- Double-click the downloaded .dmg file, once the download is done.
- This will automatically begin the Setup for you. Now just keep an eye on the screen and follow on-screen instructions.
- Next window will display details of your printer. You need to click Next on it if it shows the correct details.
- Following window gives you options for the connection method. You must choose the Wireless Lan Connection.
- The subsequent screen will expect you to choose the desired Wireless Lan Connection Method. Select Connect via a wireless router.
- Now, you will get the printer available on the network. Simply click Next.
- Again, you will be prompted to select the Setup procedure. You will have to select the Cableless Setup option. Click Yes in case if the .NET Framework screen appears.
- Simply click Next once you see a list of software available for Installation.
- This will start the Installation process for your printer. It may take a few moments. You are required to follow any onscreen instructions if prompted.
- When the Setup Completion window appears, click the Complete button.
- Click Next on the window that confirms the completion of the Setup.
- The Installer might take you to another box seeking permission for Extended Survey Program. You can Agree or Disagree with it after reading the details based on your choice.
- Test Print Window will be displayed next. This test is run to check the printer’s operation. You must load plain paper to the printer. Thereafter, you need to click Execute on your computer screen. Click Next. Instead of Execute, you can simply click Next if you want to skip the test.
- This completes the Installation. Click Exit on the following window that confirms the same.
As a self-ruling organization provider we help game-plans identified with Canon Printers.The copyright ensured information is only just for data designs.We don’t furnish any affirmation for any associations or items.Prior to utilizing this site,read through the terms and conditions and insurance procedure and totally submit to them.
Get In Touch
020 8123 1772 (UK)
+61 2 8005 8013 (AUS)
+64 09 889 4443 (NZ)