Enter Printer Model
CANON mx492 Printer Install
First Time Setting Up mx492 Setup
Before connecting this printer to the network, confirm the following things.
- You must have a wireless router that connects the network devices in your home (computer, printer, and so on) to the Internet on your home network. Your wireless router must already be set up.
- The computer to be used for the setup must already be connected to the network.
- Turn On your printer.
- Press the Setup button on your printer. It is an easily identifiable button with the setup icon.
- Use the navigation options to select Wireless LAN Setup and press the OK button.
- Under Wireless LAN Setup, you will have multiple options. Select Other Setup and press OK.
- Other Setup will again offer two methods. Opt for the Cableless Setup and Press OK.
- This renders your Canon Pixma MX492 Printer ready for wireless LAN connection in the “Cableless setup” method.>
- Open your internet browser and type http://canon.com/ijsetup/
- Click on the Setup link.
- The next window will ask you to select your product. Type in Canon Pixma MX492 Printer in the box near the top and click Go.
- Specify your region appropriately on the next page.
- The following page will have a button that says Download. Click on it to start the download.
- It may ask you if you want to save the downloaded file. Make sure to save it on your computer.
- Wait till the download is complete. It may take several minutes.
- Once the download is done, double-click the downloaded .dmg file.
- This will automatically begin the Setup for you. Now just keep an eye on the screen and follow on-screen instructions.
- Click Next on the window that displays details of your printer.
- The subsequent window will prompt you to select the connection method. Choose Wireless Lan Connection.
- Next screen will prompt you to choose the desired Wireless Lan Connection Method. Select Connect via a wireless router.
- Next page will present you with printers available on the network. Simply click Next.
- It will again prompt you to select the Setup procedure. Select the Cableless Setup option. If the .NET Framework screen appears, click Yes.
- You will now see a list of software available for Installation. Simply click Next.
- This will begin the Installation process for your printer which might take a few moments. You may follow any onscreen instructions if prompted.
- As the Setup Completion window appears, click the Complete button.
- Next window will confirm that the Setup is complete. Click Next.
- In case if another screen appears seeking permission for Extended Survey Program. Scroll to the bottom while reading the details. You may or may not Agree depending on your choice.
- This will take you to the Test Print Window. Test printing checks the printer’s operation. Load the printer with plain paper and click Execute on your computer screen. Click Next. In case if you want to skip the test, Click Next instead of Execute.
- This will complete the Installation. Click Exit on the following window that confirms the same.
As a self-ruling organization provider we help game-plans identified with Canon Printers.The copyright ensured information is only just for data designs.We don’t furnish any affirmation for any associations or items.Prior to utilizing this site,read through the terms and conditions and insurance procedure and totally submit to them.
Get In Touch
020 8123 1772 (UK)
+61 2 8005 8013 (AUS)
+64 09 889 4443 (NZ)