Canon Pixma iX6870 Install
First Time Setting Up Canon Pixma iX6870 Install
Connect Canon Pixma iX6870 to the Internet
- Complete the hardware setup of your printer. Fill the ink cartridge and then load paper into your printer tray.
- Power on your printer and its power lamp must be lit.
- Now, press and hold the Wi-Fi button on the front of the printer until the power lamp flashes once and then release it.
- Then, make sure that the Wi-Fi button starts to flash blue.
- Now, go to your access point(router) and press its WPS button within 2 minutes. The blue Wi-Fi lamp on the printer will continue to flash while searching for, or connecting to the internet. Once the printer is successfully connected to your wireless network, the blue lamp will stop flashing and remain lit.
- To check that your printer is connected to the wireless network, you can print out the network settings of your printer. For that, load a sheet of A4 sized plain paper.
- Now, press and hold the Resume/Cancel button until the Power lamp flashes 15 times and then release it.
- The network information page will be printed.
- While printing, ensure that the connection status remains Active and that the SSID -Service Set Identifier shows the correct name of your wireless network.
- Now, you can proceed with the installation of your printer driver.
Download and Installation of Printer Driver
- Open a web browser.
- Now, visit canon.com/ijsetup by typing it in the address bar.
- A new window will appear on your screen, click on the setup tab.
- Now, type iX6870 into the product search field and then click on the GO button. It will show you a Download button in order to initiate the process.
- After that, click on the download button and it will start downloading the setup file on your computer. Wait till the downloading process is completed.
- Once the download is finished, the setup file will be automatically saved in the Downloads folder.
- First and foremost, access the Downloads folder on your system.
- Then, search for the Canon setup file in your folder and double-click on it.
- It will show you a pop-up box of User Account Control asking you to make necessary changes to your computer. In order to grant permission, click on the yes button.
- Now the initial screen appears, click on the Language button. Select your desired language in which you want to use the program by clicking the down-arrow key. Then, click on the Back button to return back to the initial screen. If you are a Mac user, it will ask you to enter your Mac Username and Password to continue with the installation.
- Now, click on the Next button and it will start processing the setup guide.
- It will take you to the Connection Method Selection window on which you will be asked to select a method to connect your printer with the network. Choose the Network Connection and proceed to the next step.
- In the next window, select Wireless Connection to connect the printer to the network and make sure that the printer is turned on.
- Then, click on the Next button which is located at the bottom of the page.
- In the Printer Setup screen, click on Connect to the Network tab.
- A new window will appear on your screen. Choose the connection method between WPS and Cableless setup based on your preference. If your printer is not connected to the network then, follow the on-screen instructions on your printer to complete the process of network connection.
- On your Mac system, a pop-up box may appear on your screen, click on the Allow button.
- In the next window, select your region and click on the Next button. Then, select your place of residence from the given list and click on the Next button located at the bottom.
- Now, select your desired software which you wish to install from the list and click on the Next button.
- In the next License Agreement window, carefully read all the terms and conditions of the agreement. If you agree to it, click on the Yes button.
- Now, the Firewall Settings window appears. Tick mark the box of Deactivate the block and click on the Next button positioned at the bottom-right corner of your screen.
- Now, it will start installing the software. During the installation, the printer detection screen appears and it will start searching for your printer. The detection process may take some time and you will have to wait until the process gets completed. Once your printer is detected, select your printer and click on the Next button.
- But If you are a Mac user, the Add Printer screen appears. Click on the Add Printer button located at the bottom. In the next window, select your Canon printer and click on the Add button. It will start setting up your Canon printer, click on the Next button given there.
- In the next Print Head Alignment screen, click on the Next button located at the bottom.
- Now, the Setup Complete screen appears which means that the setup of your printer is now complete. Click on the Next button and move forward to the next step.
- In the User Registration screen, click on the Next button if you want to register your printer. By registering your product, you are able to receive useful product and service information. Otherwise, click on the cancel button.
- Now, it will take you to the Extended Survey Program window. If you agree with the program and want to take part in the survey, click on the Agree button. But if you are not accepting the survey, click on Do not Agree.
- Once the installation is completed successfully, the installation completion window will appear on your screen, click on the exit button.
This concludes the Canon Pixma iX6870 setup.