Canon Pixma Pro 10 Install
First Time Setting Up Canon Pixma Pro 10 Install
WiFi Configuration and Driver Installation Process
- First of all, place your Canon Pixma Pro-10 printer on a flat and safe place. Ensure that it is within the signal range of your network access point i.e. your router.
- Now, carefully unbox your printer. Then remove all the packaging material from the inside and outside of the printer.
- Next, you should plug the power cord into the printer and the other end into a wall outlet.
- Then, press the “ON” button located on the top to power it up. Make sure that its “Power Lamp” is lit and stable.
- Thereafter, unpack the “Printhead” and carefully install it in its designated location by adjusting the Paper Tray.
- After that, unpack the “Ink Tank” and properly insert it.
- As a result, it will lit the “Printhead” and “Ink” Lamps.
- Subsequently, adjust its “Paper Tray” and carefully load it with plain A4 size sheets.
- After this, in case if the printer begins the initialization process. Then, wait for the process to complete.
- After completing the physical setup of your printer, proceed for the network configuration. In other words, you will have to establish a WiFi connection with a network access point or a wireless router.
- Now, look at the “Operational Panel” of Canon Pixma Pro-10 printer. Here, you will find a “WiFi” button with a “WiFi” icon. Hence, press and hold the same. You should keep it pressed till the “Alarm Lamp” flashes once.
- Then, wait for the blue “WiFi Lamp” to flash.
- After that, you should immediately approach your access point i.e. your router. Here, you should locate the router’s “WPS” push-button. Then, press it. Another thing to keep in mind is that you must press this push-button within 2 minutes of the last step. Hence, it is recommended that you should be aware of the location of this “WPS” push-button on your router beforehand. Else you will have to repeat the entire process again.
- Consequently, the blue “WiFi Lamp” on the printer start flashing. This indicates that the printer is searching for the network. Thereafter, both the “Power and Wi-Fi Lamp” will start flashing. This happens when the printer is establishing a connection with the access point.
- Thereafter, both the “Power and Wi-Fi Lamp” will stop flashing and remains lit. It confirms that a successful connection has been established between the printer and router.
- Subsequently, you should “Test Print” the printer’s “Network Settings” in order to confirm that the printer has been successfully configured. For this, ensure that its “Paper Tray” is properly loaded with plain A4 sized sheets. Then, press and hold the “Resume/ Cancel” button until the alarm lamp flashes 15 times. Subsequently, release it. As a result, it will print the “Network Settings Page”. Here, you must confirm certain details. The “Connection” status should be “Active”. The SSID – Service Set Identifier (the name of your wireless network) should indicate the correct name of your wireless network.
- With this, your Canon Pixma Pro-10 is successfully configured with the internet network through the WPS push-button method.
- Now, you should install the corresponding software/ drivers to your computer so that it can command the printer. For this, you can either download the drivers from the Canon printer’s setup website. Else, you can simply use the Installation CD in the following manner.
- Hence, properly insert the installation CD in the computer’s CD Drive. As a result, it will automatically open the Canon Pixma Pro-10 Setup wizard. However, in case if the “Setup CD-ROM” does not autorun. Then, eject the CD and reinsert it into the computer’s CD Drive. Thereafter, click on “My Computer” from the “Start” menu of your Windows device. Next, you should select CD-ROM and double-click the “Canon Pixma Pro-10 Setup File”. On the other hand, Mac users should double-click the “Canon Inkjet” icon from the “Desktop”. Then, click on the “Setup File” from the “Selection Window”.
- Now, you must install the downloaded drivers to your computer. Since the installation process will depend upon your computer’s OS. Therefore, follow the relevant procedure as per your OS.
Installation For Windows
- The very first window that you will get is the “User Account Control” window seeking your permission for the installation. Hence, click “Yes” to permit.
- Consequently, it will open the “Canon Pixma Pro-10 Installation Wizard”. Here, you should click on “Next”.
- The next window will prompt you to “Select Your Place Of Residence”. As such, make an appropriate choice and click “Next”.
- Thereafter, you will get the “License Agreement” window. Hence, read the details carefully. Then, click on “Yes” to consent for the same.
- Subsequently, it will take you to the Extended Survey Program. Here, you will get two options. You may either Agree or Disagree with it. As such, select appropriately. Here you may note that in case if you Agree to it. Then, Canon will have access to certain information recorded in your printer. In other words, your computer will collect the information and send it to Canon through the internet. Canon uses this information for the development and marketing of its products while maintaining the confidentiality of your data.
- After this, it will take you to the Firewall Settings window. Hence, ensure that “Deactivate the Block” is selected. Thereafter, click “Next”.
- The following window will prompt to confirm your “Connection Method”. Hence, select “Use the printer with wireless LAN connection”. Then, click “Next” to proceed with the Canon Pixma Pro-10 Setup process.
- Now, it will prompt you to turn on the printer. Hence, turn on the printer if it is off. Here, you must ensure that the printer’s “Power Lamp” is properly lit and stable.
- Thereafter, click “OK”.
- Consequently, it will search for Canon Pixma Pro-10 printer on the network. Once the printer is detected. Then, it will proceed with the installation process. As such, you should follow the on-screen instructions to complete the process.
- However, in case if it fails to detect the printer. Then, the next window will notify the same. Hence, click “Next” and follow another method to proceed further. Now, in case if the printer is properly connected to the network. Still, the computer can’t detect it. Then, check whether the computer is connected to the same network as the printer or not. In case if the computer is connected to a different network. Then, disconnect it and connect it back to the network which is shared by the printer. Additionally, you should temporarily disable any firewall/ anti-virus on your computer. Then, click on “Redetect”.
- On the contrary, if you had clicked “Next” in the last step due to connection issues. Then, the following window will prompt you to connect the printer to the computer through a USB cable. Hence, hook up the printer to your computer through a USB cable. Here, you can click on the “Instructions” tab for a detailed guide.
- Once the system detects the printer, follow on-screen instructions to complete the installation process.
Installation For Mac
- The very first window will prompt you to permit for the installation process. Hence, click “Yes/ Continue” to proceed.
- This will open the “Installation Wizard”. Now, click “Continue” on this initial window.
- Now, you will get the “Software License Agreement” window. Hence, review the document carefully. You can even read it in your preferred language. For this, you should click on the “Language” drop-down box. Then, select the language of your choice. After reading the document, click on “Continue” to proceed further. Along with that, you can save it for future reference. Hence, click on the “Save” button before proceeding further.
- Consequently, you will get a pop-up box seeking your consent for the “Software License Agreement”. Hence, click on “Agree”.
- Finally, you will get the “Installation” window. Here, it will display the disk space required for saving the Drivers. Hence, ensure that your Mac has sufficient free disk space. Then, click on “Install”.
- Thereafter, it will prompt you to provide your Mac login credentials. Hence, enter your “mac Administrator User ID and Password” correctly.
- Subsequently, click on “Install Software” to proceed with Canon Pixma Pro-10 Setup.
- Now, wait for the installation to complete properly. Then, click on “Exit” to close the Installer.
- At last, restart your computer to conclude Canon Pixma Pro-10 setup.