Canon Pixma Pro 100 Install
First Time Setting Up Canon Pixma Pro 100 Install
WiFi Configuration and Driver Installation Process
- First and foremost, carefully unbox your Canon Pixma Pro-100 printer and remove all packing material.
- Now, hook up the printer to a “Power Source”. Then, turn on the printer and ensure that its “Power Lamp” is lit and stable.
- Next, you should properly install the ink cartridges.
- Then, adjust its “Paper Tray” and carefully load it with plain A4 size sheets.
- Once the printer is set-up, then proceed for the Wi-Fi configuration. This involves establishing a WiFi connection with a network access point or a wireless router.
- As such, press and hold the “WiFi” button from the “Control Panel” of Canon Pixma Pro-100 printer. You will find it located at the top. You should keep it pressed till the alarm lamp flashes once.
- Now, wait for the blue “WiFi Lamp” to flash. Thereafter, approach your access point i.e. your router. Subsequently, press it’s WPS push-button within 2 minutes.
- As a result, the “(blue) Wi-Fi Lamp” on the printer will continue ﬂashing while searching. Next, both the “Power and Wi-Fi Lamp” will flash while connecting to the access point.
- Thereafter, both the “Power and Wi-Fi Lamp” will stop flashing and remains lit. This will happen once a successful connection is established between the printer and router.
- After this, you must “Test Print” the printer’s “Network Settings” in order to confirm that the printer has been successfully configured. For this, ensure that its “Paper Tray” is properly loaded with plain A4 sized sheets. Then, press and hold the “Resume/ Cancel” button until the alarm lamp flashes 15 times. Subsequently, release it. As a result, it will print the “Network Settings Page”. Here, you must confirm certain details. The “Connection” status should be “Active”. The SSID – Service Set Identifier (the name of your wireless network) should indicate the correct name of your wireless network.
- This completes the WPS setup. Proceed, now, to installing the software/ drivers to your computers so they can command the printer. For this, you can either use the Installation CD or download the drivers from Canon’s website.
- Henceforth, insert the installation CD in the computer’s CD Drive. As a result, it will automatically open the Canon Pixma Pro-100 Setup wizard. Alternatively, you can go to “canon.com/ijsetup” on your system. Then, follow the “Setup” link to access the Canon Pixma Pro-100 printer “Driver Download” link. Subsequently, click on the link and complete the “Download” process. After that, locate the downloaded file and double-click on it to open the Installer.
- Now, you must install the downloaded drivers to your computer. Since the installation process will depend upon your computer’s OS. Therefore, follow the relevant procedure as per your OS.
Installation For Windows
- Double-click the downloaded file to open the installer.
- Then, click “Yes” when “User Account Control” window prompts to permit the installation.
- As a result, it will open the “Canon Pixma Pro-100 Installation Wizard”. Here, you should click on “Next”.
- The following window will prompt you to “Select Your Place Of Residence”. Hence, make an appropriate choice. Then, click “Next”.
- The next window will provide the “License Agreement”. Hence, read the details carefully and click on “Yes” to consent for the same.
- Now, you will find the Extended Survey Program. It gives you two options to select. You may Agree or Disagree with it. As such, select appropriately. Here you may note that in case you Agree to it, Canon will have access to certain information recorded in your printer. Your computer will collect the information and send it to Canon through the internet. Canon uses this information for the development and marketing of its products while maintaining the confidentiality of your data.
- The subsequent screen provides Firewall Settings. Therefore, ensure that the option of “Deactivate the Block” is selected. Then, click “Next”.
- The following window will prompt to confirm your “Connection Method”. Hence, select the “Use the printer with wireless LAN connection” option. Then, click “Next” to proceed with the Canon Pixma Pro-100 Setup process.
- Thereafter, it will prompt you to turn on the printer. Hence, ensure that the printer is on with a properly lit and stable “Power Lamp”.
- Then, click “OK”.
- Consequently, it will search for Canon Pixma Pro-100 printer on the network. Once the printer is detected. Then, it will proceed with the installation process. As such, you should follow on-screen instructions to complete the process. However, if it fails to detect the printer, it will notify the same on the next window. Hence, click “Next” to proceed with another method. Now, in case if the printer is properly connected to the network. But the computer is unable to detect it. Then, ensure that the computer is connected to the same network as the printer. Additionally, you should temporarily disable any firewall/ anti-virus on your computer. Then, click on “Redetect”.
- On the contrary, if you had clicked “Next” in the last step due to connection issues. Then, the following window will prompt you to connect the printer to the computer through a USB cable. Here, you can click on the “Instructions” tab for a detailed guide to hook it up.
- Once the system detects the printer, follow on-screen instructions to complete the installation process.
Installation For Mac
- Double-click the downloaded file to open the installer.
- In case if it prompts you to permit for proceeding with the installation process. Then, click “Yes”/ “Continue”.
- As a result, it will open the “Installation Wizard”. Hence, click “Continue” to proceed.
- The next window will provide you with the “Software License Agreement” window. Here, you can click the drop-down box for “Language” and select the language of your choice. Now, read the document carefully. Then, click “Continue”. Besides that, you can even click on “Save” to secure it for future reference.
- As a result, a pop-up box will appear to seek your consent for the “Software License Agreement”. Hence, click on “Agree”.
- Finally, you will get the “Installation” window. Here, it will display the disk space required for saving the Drivers. Hence, ensure that your Mac has sufficient free disk space. Then, click on “Install”.
- Thereafter, it will prompt you to provide your Mac login credentials. Hence, enter your “mac Administrator User ID and Password” correctly.
- Subsequently, click on “Install Software” to proceed with Canon Pixma Pro-100 Setup.
- Now, wait for the installation to complete properly. Then, click on “Exit” to close the Installer.
- At last, restart your computer to conclude Canon Pixma Pro-100 setup.