Canon Printer Customer Setup involves setting up the printer, configuring it and installing the “Driver” software. The exact procedure varies according to your printer model, network access point and printer’s connectivity options. However, the overall process remains the same.
Unbox the Canon Printer
- First of all, carefully unbox your Canon printer from the shipment box for Canon Printer Customer Setup. For this, you should use a knife/ scissors to cut the tape wrapped around the carton. Here, you should be extremely careful so as not to damage the printer or any of its accessories etc.
- Then, take the printer out of the box. Apart from the printer, you will find an “Installation CD-ROM”, “Power Cable”, and “Setup Ink Cartridges”. It may also include a “USB Cable”. Besides that, it will include “Warranty Card”, “User Manuals”, and other documents.
- Thereafter, remove and discard all the packing materials covering the box.
- At the same time, you must ensure that the package has all the accessories specified in your Invoice.
- Next, you should carefully remove tapes from all corners and edges of the printer.
Choose Your Model
With powerful features packed into incredibly compact bodies, PIXMA range of home and photo printers offer a high-quality printing solution. It takes complete creative control of your images with the PIXMA .Powerful software of this outstanding inkjet printers range is designed for simplified yet stunning, quality prints. Its sleek, stylish and compact design truly compliments it’s quality, speed and efficiency.
Canon MAXIFY takes complete creative control of your images. It is dedicated to Support you by giving high-quality photos and images. This is ultimately built to meet your all printing requirements. Maximum Print Speed and Quality Performance of this Robust design are sure to multiply your business.Specifically built for heavy-duty usage, this reliable printer meets all your printing demands with personalized effective outputs.
Canon Laser Printers produce high-quality graphics and texts. Laser printing is an electrostatic digital printing process that takes complete care of your images. Hence built to meet results that you deserve. Fast printer with Brilliant Design meant for New Age Business Enterprise takes complete care of all your printing needs. Canon Laser Printer offers Enhanced Security Solutions with Advanced Personalized Usability
Canon SELPHY is not only attractive due to its sleek and stunning design but it delivers amazing printing quality to meet your needs of printing. Canon Selphy meets all your printing requirements. Compact, Elegant and Portable printer with a Variety of print functions and Intuitive User-interface guarantees for a fun-filled printing experience and Exceptional Usability and Intelligent Digitization packed with functions.
Place Your Canon Printer
Now, place your Canon Printer at a safe, flat surface. Here, you must notice that it should be placed at a convenient location which is within the internet network range. Besides, it should be close enough to the computer that allows connecting it through a USB cable for Canon Printer Customer Setup.
Tell Us Your Issue
Tips For Your Printer
Prepare Your Canon Printer
- Next, you should open up the lid of the printer.
- Then, gently prop open the red/ orange protective covering that is located on top of the cartridge. Thereafter, remove the small plastic cap and discard it.
Prepare The Cartridge
- Subsequently, you should press and raise the “Cartridge Locking Lever” on the carriage area. Here, you should ensure that this protective seal must be completely raised to the top.
- Thereafter, you should correctly install the cartridges into their respective slots. For this, take out the cartridges and remove the stickers from them. Then, place the cartridges accurately in their correct position. In other words, if you have both black and colour cartridges. Then, look for the markings on the cartridge seat. In short, the black one must be placed in the location marked for it and vice-versa. It is extremely important to place the cartridges in their specified location for the proper functioning of the printer.
- After securely placing the cartridges in their accurate position, you should gently press the “Cartridge Locking Lever” back in its initial position. However, don’t push it too hard as it can damage the locking mechanism.
- Now, look for two elevated buttons above the “Cartridge Locking Lever”. Then, press them back to their position.
- Next, you should take out the refill bottles. Then, locate the ink tank and open it up. Thereafter, remove the nozzle. Now, carefully fill in the tank using the refill bottle with the respective ink. Once filled up entirely, refit the nozzle properly. Then, close the ink tank. Subsequently, repeat the process for all the ink tanks. Here, you must ensure that you are filling every ink tank with the right colour of ink. Another key point to remember is that this ink is of a permanent nature. Hence, you should be extremely attentive while filling it to avoid any spillover on your skin, clothes or surroundings. In short, you must follow all the safety precautions to avoid any damage from the ink.
- Then, you should close down the lid of the printer.
Turn On The Canon Printer
- Thereafter, take out the “Power Cable” and connect the printer to a power source. Now, turn it on.
- Subsequently, switch on the printer’s “Power” button.
- Consequently, it will fill up all the cartridges with the ink. This may take around 5-10 minutes. Hence, wait patiently.
- Now, remove the protective seal from the “Paper Tray”. Then, accurately load the “Paper Tray” with plain A4 size sheets for Canon Printer Customer Setup.
- With this, the first stage of your Canon Printer Customer Setup comes to an end.
Configure The Canon Printer
- Next, you are required to configure the printer with your internet network. Following that, you will have to download and install the “Driver” software on your computer.
- Hence, begin with configuring your printer for internet connection. This process is determined by the connection capabilities of your printer and the router. You may have a wireless or wired printer. Wireless printers can be configured via the “WPS Method” provided that your router supports this option. For this, simply press and hold your printer’s “Wireless” button till the indicator lamp blinks. Subsequently, release the button which will turn the lamp blue. Now, press and hold your router’s “WPS” button for two minutes. Consequently, your printer’s indicator lamp and power lamp will blink simultaneously for Canon Printer Customer Setup. Wait till the lights stop blinking. Then, run the print test to ensure proper configuration.
- Alternatively, you can opt for the “Standard Method” wherein you will have to manually feed your router’s network information into the printer through the display screen.
- However, in case if you have a wired printer. Then, it doesn’t require configuration. All you need to do is connect the printer to your computer by means of a “USB” cable.
Download and Install The Driver
- Finally, you should download and install the “Driver” software on your printer. Most of the recent Canon printers allow for automatic download and installation. For this, simply connect the printer to your computer using a “USB Cable”. As a result, your system will detect the printer automatically. Then, it will download and install the “Drivers” for Canon Printer Customer Setup.
- Alternatively, you can download and install the “Driver” software through “Installation CD” or “Canon’s Official Website”. In both cases, simply follow on-screen instructions to complete the process.