How to Connect Wireless Printer to Laptop?
- First and foremost, you must prepare your Canon Wireless Printer for the Setup. This involves its Hardware Setup.
- Now, place the Printer on a stable and flat surface within the signal range of your Canon Wireless Router.
- Next, you should cautiously unbox the Printer. After that, clear the machine from all the packaging material.
- Then, remove all the plastic tapes from every section without damaging the machine.
- Thereafter, connect the Printer to a stable Power Source like a Wall Outlet using the accompanying Power Cord. Then, switch it on.
- After that, turn On the Printer by pressing its Power button. Now, ensure that its “Power Lamp” is stable and lit.
- Subsequently, set up its “Paper Tray”. Then, properly load it with plain A4 size white sheets
- As a result, it will begin the initialization and alignment process for your Canon Wireless Printer. Hence, wait while the process completes.
Connect Printer To The Network
- To begin with, hook up your Canon Wireless Printer to a Power Source and turn it On. You must ensure that its Power Lamp must be lit and stable.
- Now, access the Printer’s Control Panel. Here, you will notice a Wireless button. It is a push button with a “Wireless” icon that can be easily identified.
- Next, you should Press and Hold this Wireless button. You have to Hold it until the Wireless Lamp blinks once. Wireless Lamp is an indicator Lamp located beside the button. Therefore, Release the button after it blinks.
- Thereafter, the Indicator Light will turn blue. As such, approach your Router. Here, you will find a WPS Push-button. Hence, press and hold this button within two minutes of the last step.
- As such, your Printer’s Indicator Lamp will blink continuously. This means that the Printer is searching for Networks available within the range.
- After a while, your Printer’s Power Lamp will also start blinking along with the Indicator Lamp. This indicates that the Printer is trying to connect with the Network. Hence, wait until both the Power and Indicator Lamp stops blinking. However, they must remain lit and stable.
- As a result, your Canon Wireless Printer is securely connected to the Network. Now, it is ready for use. However, it is necessary to ensure that it is connected to the correct Network.
- In order to do this, you must perform a Test Print. For this, ensure that the Printer is loaded properly with a stack of plain A4 size white sheets.
- Now, search your Printer’s Control Panel for the Resume button. Hence, Press and Hold the same.
- As a result, the Indicator Lamp next to it will blink continuously for fifteen times.
- Here, it is important to keep track of the signals from the Indicator Lamp. In other words, you must accurately count it.
- Subsequently, release the Resume button once the Indicator Lamp blinks for fifteen times.
- Consequently, your Canon Wireless Printer will print a Test Sheet showcasing Network Information.
- Now, carefully check the details on this Test Sheet. Here, you must ensure that the SSID must display your Network’s correct name.
Prepare The Laptop
In order to Connect Wireless Printer to Laptop, you must ensure that both the Printer and the Laptop are connected to the same “Network”. Once both the devices are linked to the Network, proceed to install the required “Driver” package on your Laptop. Then, add Printer to the Laptop.
Install Printer Driver
In the very first place, you should download the required Driver for your Canon Printer. For this, you can either go to the official Setup website for your Printer. On the webpage, locate and download the Driver Software specified for your Printer Model and Laptop’s OS. Else, you can use the Installation CD accompanying your Printer if your Laptop has a CD Drive.
- First of all, insert the Installation CD in your Laptop’s Disk Drive.
- As a result, your Laptop will automatically run the software package and launch the Installer.
- Now, click “Run” on its AutoPlay window.
- After that, you will get the User Account Control Box. Here, you should click “Yes” or “Continue” to permit Installation. Another key point to remember is that in case if the User Account Control Box reappears. Then, click “Yes” or “Continue” again to proceed further.
- Next, you will get the Welcome Window. Here, you should click on the “Language” button and select an appropriate language. Then, click “Next”.
- On the following “Install .NET Framework” window, click “Yes” to install the required software.
- The following window prompts you to choose your country or region. Hence, select appropriately. Then, click “Next”.
- As a result, it will take you to the “License Agreement” window. Hence, carefully read the terms. Then, accept the terms by clicking on the “Yes” button.
- Thereafter, you will get a list of software available for installation on the next window. Hence, select the software for installation. Then, click “Next”.
- After that, you will get the “Extended Survey Program” window. Here, you must carefully read the program details. This is an optional program. Hence, you can either join it or leave it as per your preference. Therefore, click “Agree” or “Disagree” as per your choice.
- Then, you will get the Firewall Settings window. Now, tick mark the checkbox beside “Deactivate the Block”. Then, click “Next”.
- On the next window, you will get the “Network Connection” and “Printer” information. Hence, go through the details and ensure it is correct. Then, click “Yes” and proceed.
- Subsequently, select your Router from the given list on the “Select wireless router” Window. Thereafter, provide your Router’s Network Key/ Password. Then, click “Next”.
- As a result, it will proceed with the Setup procedure which may take some time. Meanwhile, it will also disable your internet connection temporarily.
- Hence, wait for the “Network Connection” Setup to complete properly. You will get a notification on the following window. Here, you should click “Next” and proceed further.
- Subsequently, the next window will confirm “Setup has been completed”. Hence, click “Complete” to finish the Setup process.
- Thereafter, restart your Laptop.
* For Windows
- To begin with, open the Start Menu by clicking on the Windows icon.
- Now, click “Control Panel” > “Hardware and Sound” > “Devices and Printer” > “Add a Printer”.
- Next, you should select your Canon Wireless Printer from the list of available Printers. Then, click “Next”.
- After successfully adding the Printer, run a Test Print to ensure that Printer is properly connected to the Laptop.
* For Mac
- To begin with, click on the “Apple” icon.
- Now, click “System Preferences” > “Printers & Scanners” > “Preferences”.
- Next, you should click on the “Plus” sign.
- On the following window, click on the “Add Printer” button or “Plus” sign.
- Then, select your Canon Wireless Printer from the list of available Printers.
- Thereafter, click on “Select Printer Software” and select your Canon Wireless Printer from the given list.