How to Fix Canon Printer Not Responding Error?
Using the Canon Printer might show you several errors. Among all the errors, “Canon Printer Not Responding” is a common error that you might get. This error can be displayed because of several reasons like Outdated driver, weaken network connection, USB problem, and much more. For resolving this error, you have to follow the troubleshooting steps mentioned below. These are the basic procedures that will help you to resolve the error successfully.
Restart Your Network Connection
For fixing the “Not Responding” error, checking the internet connection is the most basic troubleshooting step. If your printer is connected to the network through a cable, then, check if the cable is properly plugged in or not. In case of a wireless connection, make sure that the printer is properly connected with the router. Then, unplug the power cable from both printer and router. After waiting for 5 minutes, again plug in the cable and press the power button.
Restarting the network connection and printer might help you in fixing the error. In case the error persists, then, you can try following the other troubleshooting steps given below.
Run Printer Troubleshooter
The Windows devices have an in-built troubleshooter that helps its users in fixing the Canon Printer Not Responding Error. For running the troubleshooter, follow the process mentioned below.
- First of all, you have to click the “Start” menu icon from the bottom-left corner.
- Then, type “Troubleshooting” in the search bar.
- From the search result, select the “Troubleshooting” option.
- In the next window, click the “Printer” option.
- This will further extend the option. Now, click the “Run the Troubleshooter” tab.
- Now, the troubleshooter will start detecting the problem. Wait until the troubleshooter detects the problem.
- In case the troubleshooter detects the error, then you have to follow the repair strategies as per the error. In the dialogue box that appears, click the “Apply this fix” option and follow the on-screen instructions.
- Finally, restart your device and check if the error has been resolved or not.
Update Your Printer Driver
You might get this error if you are using a wrong or outdated printer driver. In such a scenario, you have to update your driver periodically. In case you don’t have much time and patience to update it every time, you can try updating the driver automatically using the Driver Easy application.
Driver Easy is a software that automatically scans your system and searches a perfect driver for it. This will do all the work on its own. You don’t have to worry about your driver, its update, etc.
For using this application follow the process mentioned below.
- First of all, you have to download the Driver Setup file from the official website.
- After that, you have to install the application. For installation, double click the setup file. Then, allow the application to run and make the changes on your device by clicking the “Yes” option. Further, choose the language for your installation wizard. Next, tap the “Install Now” option.
- In the Driver Easy application, click the “Update” tab from the left-side panel of the wizard.
- This will start searching for the available updates. Once the search is completed, you will get a list of updates.
- Click the “Update” option to install every update.
This will successfully install the update. After that, try using the Canon printer and check is error persists or not.
Disable Third-Party Security Software
Canon generally shows the Not Responding error, then you should try disabling the third-party security software. Softwares such as McAfee, AVG, etc along with dedicated firewalls are the main reason behind this error. They block the application from running on your device and this results in getting the Not Responding error. Hence, for resolving the error, try disabling the Firewall. For this:
- Click the Start Menu> Control Panel> Programs> Programs and Features.
- This will open a list of installed applications on your device.
- Select the third-party security application and right-click it.
- Tap the “Uninstall” option. This will begin the uninstallation process.
- Click the Finder application icon.
- In the next window, you will get the “Applications” option on the left-side panel.
- Search for the third-party security service application.
- Select the application, and click the “File” option from the top-left corner of the screen.
- From the list of options, choose “Move to Trash” option to successfully remove the application.
Reboot Printer Spooler Service
Printer Spooler is a service that aims at managing the print jobs and communication between printer and driver. In case the printer spooler is not working, you will get a Not Responding error. To resolve this error by resetting the device, follow the process given below.
- First of all, hold “Windows” and “R” keys altogether.
- This will open the “Run” dialogue box.
- In the Run box, enter “services.msc” in the empty field and click the “Ok” button.
- Now, locate and click the Print Spooler option.
- After that, click the “Restart” option from the left-hand side of the screen.
This will successfully fix the Canon Printer Not Responding Error.