IJ Scan Utility
Canon IJ Scan Utility is a software which enables the users to scan and store documents along with the photos easily to your computing device. By using this software you can easily scan your documents, photos, and also your handwriting to make your work easy. You can use this best in class scanning software on your Windows as well as Mac operating systems.
How to download IJ Scan Utility software through the website?
- Start off the downloading of IJ Scan Utility software by reaching the support page of Canon. To do so, open any of the web browsers that you usually use on your computing device and put the web address ij.start.cannon within the URL bar of your browser correctly.
- As a result, it will open the Canon Support Page right in front of you prompting you to put in the scanner model number into the empty text field.
- Once you begin inserting the model number of the scanner, you will be presented with a list of options that are present as per your model. Choose the model number as per your preference and suitability and press the Enter key.
- Next, you have to opt for the Drivers & Downloads button and move ahead.
- Thereafter, make sure that you have selected the operating system under the segment of Drivers & Downloads. Also, choose the language as per your usability and convenience.
- The next thing you have to do is to press the Select button that is located next to the Drivers that you want to download. IJ Scan Utility software comes along with the package of driver that you install as per your computing device.
- Finally, after tapping on the tab, it will immediately begin downloading IJ Scan Utility on your selected operating system. Wait to a couple of seconds to complete the downloading procedure and with this, the downloading process is over.
Descriptive Procedure to install the IJ Scan Utility
- Moving on with the next step involved in the setup process is the installation of the software. To do so, you have two distinct methods. One way is to install the software via the CD that is provided by the retailer while purchasing it offline. Whereas, another way is to install via an online downloaded setup file if you don’t have an installation CD.
- To install via CD simply take out the installation CD from the product box and insert the CD into the system’s CD Drive. Instantly, you will get a setup dialog box right in front of your computer screen. After this, tap on the Setup option and it will take you to the main program screen.
- Beyond this, if you are installing via setup file, go to the system’s default location which is downloaded folder. Double-tap on the already downloaded setup file of IJ Scan Utility. The remaining steps involved in the process of installation are the same whether installing through CD or online downloaded canon setup file.
- Soon after this, you will prompt with a Security Warning pop up box, opt for the Run option to validate the system.
- From the next screen, you will be prompted with a User Account Control window, simply hit the Yes button.
- You will then be presented with a window, from where you have to opt for the appropriate language and place of residence as per your choice. Then, hit the Next button.
- Go through the Software License Agreement thoroughly without missing any terms and conditions. Instantly, click Yes tab to give the consent that you agree to the terms and conditions.
- Immediately, you will be displayed with the Connection Method window. In short, you are required to choose Wireless LAN Connection and USB Connection method. Then, move ahead by installing the IJ Scan Utility by pressing the Next button.
- Now, go through the Network Setup process by following the on-screen prompts.
- As a result, you will get a list of available software, pick up the software as per your preference, and hit the Next button.
- Finally, it will initiate the installation process, along with this it installs the IJ Scan Utility software on your device.
Q1. How can I uninstall the Canon IJ Scan Utility software from your computing device?
Ans. You can uninstall the Canon IJ Scan utility software, in case it is not running properly or you have to install the upgraded version of it.
- The preliminary step is to tap on the Start on windows icon as per the option that is currently available on your computer or laptop.
- Soon after this, locate and press the Control Panel option from the right-hand panel. This will open the Control Panel window right in front of you.
- Thereafter, select the Programs option and after this go to Programs And Features. You will find all the software that is being installed in your system.
- To install the IJ Scan Utility software, you have to right-click on the printer driver that you have previously installed. After that, press the Uninstall option from there.
- Lastly, it removes the software from your system, and then you can install the newer or upgraded version of it to scan your documents easily.
Q2. How can you set the documents scan settings into the IJ Scan Utility Software?
Ans. In order to set the documents scan settings option within this software, you need to examine the following steps closely.
- In the beginning, go to the Documents Scan Settings page within the Canon IJ Scan Utility software. From there you need to opt for the Settings option.
- As a result, Settings Window appears, tap on the Documents Scan option from the left-hand panel.
- By doing so, it will instantly open the Settings(Documents Scan) dialogue box on the screen. Now, from the following window, you can easily apply the upgraded scan settings option.
- In the following dialogue box, you will get notice three different sections that you have to set for scanning the documents. These three sections are Scan Options Area, Save Settings Area, and Applications Settings Area.
- Next, under the Scan Options Area, you can fix the opt for the source that you want to scan, opt for the color mode, set paper size, image processing settings, etc. You can manage all of these settings under this segment.
- Thereafter, under the Save Settings Area segment, you have to name the file that you want to scan, choose the data format, Check scan results, and save in option.
- Finally, beneath the segment of Applications Settings Area, you will get different options for correct the scanned images, attach an email, and other functions like these.
- At last, once you have added all these settings, you can move further to scan the documents or images using IJ Scan Utility software.